[MARMAM] Vacancy - Natural Power Consultants
suzanneb at naturalpower.com
Wed Dec 11 04:37:26 PST 2013
Natural Power is a leading independent renewable energy consultancy and products provider offering consultancy, management and due diligence services across the onshore wind, offshore wind, wave, tidal and biomass sectors. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow Clients to reach their economic objectives.
The Ecology & Hydrology department within Natural Power is made up of a diverse range of ecologists and hydrologists with considerable technical experience and expertise from having worked on renewable projects for over 12 years.
Due to the continued success of the Ecology and Hydrology department, we are looking to recruit a Marine Mammal Ecologist to be based in either our newly refurbished office in Stirling or our global HQ in Dumfries and Galloway. We are seeking a highly motivated and competent marine mammal ecologist who wishes to apply excellent scientific knowledge to offshore projects. As the approach to marine mammal impact assessment develops, Natural Power seeks to develop and apply best practice and strives to apply the most up to date marine mammal science to projects to ensure a robust approach for our clients and to help realise Scotland's renewable objectives. You will primarily be responsible for providing marine mammal technical advice and guidance on Renewable Energy projects. More specifically you will work in conjunction with Project Managers, providing specialist information to assist with the overall consenting and construction phases of offshore wind, wave and tidal energy projects.
Duties and responsibilities associated with this role include:
* Prepare and provide written technical reports;
* Prepare and provide scoping reports and EIA marine mammal chapters;
* Provide input into survey recommendations, design and data analysis;
* Provide marine mammal team and clients with acoustic advice, particularly in relation to Passive Acoustic Monitoring techniques;
* Liaise with survey team, providing input into methodology where required;
* Liaison with clients and statutory consultees throughout projects;
You will hold a degree or equivalent in a biological, environmental or ecological discipline and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge in the ecology and identification of a wide range of marine mammal species in the UK. Prior experience gained in both applied research and within a similar ecological/environmental consultancy would be highly advantageous. Ideally you will have experience in the following:
* The renewable industry and client requirements;
* Reporting on marine mammal ecology, including presentation and interpretation of technical data;
* Experience of writing or contributing to EIA chapters; Understanding of the issues surrounding marine ecology for offshore construction projects and of mitigation measures;
* A sound knowledge of UK and European legislation in relation to marine mammals and basking sharks;
* Project management skills;
* Understanding of marine mammal acoustics including practical data collection and analysis knowledge, and experience assessing potential impacts of anthropogenic noise sources; and
* Organising and conducting offshore ecology surveys (including boat-based surveys, aerial surveys, and passive acoustic monitoring techniques including for mitigation).
You will be meticulous, organised and self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised to strict deadlines. You will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders involved in projects. This role may involve travel therefore you will require a full UK driving license.
Salary offered will be dependent on your experience and fit for the role. Further to salary, other benefits include; generous holidays that increase with tenure, group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme, discounts at related companies, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection - as well as a weekly barbeque. We offer a positive working environment, are relaxed in terms of dress code, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career.
The position is based from either our HQ in Dumfries and Galloway (DG7 3XS) or our newest office in Stirling. Recently refurbished to an excellent standard, the office is just off the A91 with easy access to M80 and M9 motorways. We would also consider basing the role from our Newcastle office.
Full details are available on our website, please see link below. Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter; this should clearly set out why you are suitable for the role. Our software uses CV parsing technology, so please ensure that information extracted is correct before submitting your application.
Closing date: Monday 06 January 2014
Renewable Energy Consultants
tel: +44 1644 430 744
email: suzanneb at naturalpower.com
The Natural Power Consultants is a registered company
(SC177881) in Scotland. Our Registered Office is
The Greenhouse, Dalry, Castle Douglas, DG7 3XS, UK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM