[MARMAM] New paper Observations of the walrus in the Barents, Kara, and Laptev seas

Dmitri Glazov glazovd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:59:15 PST 2013

Dear Colleagues,
The following paper has recently been published:
D. M. Glazov, O. V. Shpak, D. M. Kuznetsova, B. A. Solovyev, D. A. Udovik,
N. G. Platonov, I. N. Mordvintsev, D. I. Ivanov, V. V. Rozhnov
"Observations of the walrus (Odobenus rosmarus) in the Barents, Kara, and
Laptev seas in 2010–2012"
Biology Bulletin December 2013, Volume 40, Issue 9, pp 783-789

It is available on SpringerLink:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1062359013090057
Digital Object Identifier (DOI) 10.1134/S1062359013090057

Abstract
Data on walrus (Odobenus rosmarus) sightings during four scheduled cruises
of the research expedition vessel Mikhail Somov in the Barents, Kara, and
Laptev seas (August–November, 2010; September–October, 2011;
November–December 2011; and July–October, 2012) and during an expedition on
the Poyaris motor ship in August–September, 2012, are presented. The data
collected support and expand the existing knowledge on the distribution and
abundance of the Atlantic and Laptev walrus subspecies.

Please contact me at glazovd at gmail.com if you can't get access using the
link.

--
Dmitry Glazov
Deputy head of Russian White Whale Program

A.N. Severtsov Institute of the Ecology and Evolution,
Russian Academy of Sciences
33 Leninskiy prosp., Moscow, 119071, Russia
www.sevin.ru
glazovd at gmail.com

Tel. mob. +79104051823

Tel. + 74959541511