[MARMAM] IMBER Open Science Conference 2014 - Call for Abstracts - Reminder!

FutureOceans futureoceans at imr.no
Wed Dec 11 09:17:56 PST 2013

[cid:cbac118e-39de-4d2f-9c9d-0bb302d7d323]

Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER)
Open Science Conference

23-27 June 2014, Bergen, Norway

"Future Oceans - Research for marine sustainability:
multiple stressors, drivers, challenges and solutions"

Call for Abstracts - Reminder!

The Integrated Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER) Project will convene an Open Science Conference<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC> from 23-27 June 2014 in Bergen, Norway, with the goals of:
·  highlighting research results from the IMBER project and activities,
·  promoting integrated syntheses of IMBER-relevant research, and
·  developing a new global research agenda for marine biogeochemistry and ecosystems in the Anthropocene.

Plenary Speakers for our Conference include:
·  Alida Bundy (Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada)
·  Claudio Campagna (Wildlife Conservation Society, Argentina)
·  Jean-Pierre Gattuso (CNRS, Lab. d'Océanographie de Villefranche, France)
·  Nicolas Gruber (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
·  Alistair Hobday (CSIRO, Australia)
·  Eileen Hofmann (Old Dominion University, USA)
·  Corinne Le Quéré (University of East Anglia, UK)
·  Kon-Kee Liu (National Central University, Taiwan)
·  Coleen Moloney (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
·  Carol Robinson (University of East Anglia, UK)

The list of contributed sessions and workshops is available here<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Workshops>.

The Call for Abstracts<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC/Announcements/IMBER-Open-Science-Conference-Call-for-Abstracts> is open!  Deadline for abstract submission: 31 January 2014. Contributions are welcome from all marine research communities.

We encourage you to submit an abstract, and we look forward to meeting you in Bergen.
Please forward this call widely!

IMBER IPO, on behalf of the Organising Committees
futureoceans at imr.no<mailto:futureoceans at imr.no>

PS: Sorry for any cross-posting!