[MARMAM] Research partnerships

Marcos Santos sotalia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 12:01:58 PDT 2013

Dear Marmamers: The University of Sao Paulo (USP), Brazil, established a
new office in Boston, US. The aims are to contribute to strengthening
mutually beneficial relations with scientists among the US, Canada, Mexico,
the Caribbean and Brazil (represented by the USP). At this moment, our
representatives are looking for potential partners. As the coordinator of a
Laboratory devoted towards marine mammal research and conservation in
southeastern Brazil, I wonder if there is any Marine Mammal Lab.
coordinator, or anyone enrolled in a University, who has the interest in
investing in a research partnership. One of our priorities is to find
someone interested in conducting a post doctoral investigation in passive
acoustics monitoring. Opportunities are great and background is necessary.
The aims are to start in early to mid-2014. I’ll be attending the next SMM
Biennial Conference in New Zealand, where I could talk personally with the
interested ones.

Contacts can be made with Dr. Marcos Santos at mcos at usp.br.
Cheers,
Marcos