[MARMAM] Upcoming seminar: Our cognitive cousins: the intelligence of apes and dolphins

Justin Gregg justin at dolphincommunication.com
Mon Aug 19 09:36:49 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to join us on October 26th for the second seminar in our Apes
and Dolphins Seminar series titled "Our cognitive cousins: the intelligence
of apes and dolphins." This seminar will feature lectures covering the
current state of the science on ape and dolphin cognition, and compare the
nature of their intelligence to that of humans and other animals. Lecture
topics will include social cognition, self-awareness, consciousness, problem
solving, tool use, social learning and culture, categorization, emotional
intelligence, empathy, altruism, theory of mind, comprehension of human
communicative signals, etc. There will of course be plenty of time for
healthy discussions throughout the day.

This seminar will take place on October 26th from 10:00 to 17:00 at the
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in The Netherlands.

For more information and registration information, please visit:
<http://www.apesanddolphins.com> www.apesanddolphins.com
Or our Facebook page at:
<http://www.facebook.com/ApesAndDolphinsSeminarSeries>
http://www.facebook.com/ApesAndDolphinsSeminarSeries
A PDF flyer can be downloaded here:
http://justingregg.com/FlyerCognitiveCousins.pdf
The Apes and Dolphins Seminar Series is a Minding Animals Partner Event.
More info about Minding Animals at  <http://www.mindinganimals.com>
www.mindinganimals.com

We hope to see you there!

All the best,

Justin and Esteban
Justin Gregg, PhD
Research Associate, Dolphin Communication Project
 <mailto:jgregg at dolphincommunicationproject.org>
jgregg at dolphincommunicationproject.org
 <http://www.justingregg.com> http://www.justingregg.com
 <http://www.dolphincommunicationproject.org/>