[MARMAM] The new ECS group page on Linkedin

Wouter Jan Strietman wj_strietman at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 22 11:17:03 PDT 2013

Dear
 all,
One of the outcomes of the last ECS meeting has been the creation
of a European Cetacean Society Linkedin group page and several subgroups. These are now open
for everyone with a linkedin profile to join.

 The aim of this
group is to disseminate information about cetaceans to members of
the ECS and the public at large in an interactive and professional way.
By being an open platform it may serve not only as a European but also
as an international platform to exchange knowledge and expertise between
 people and organisations in the field of cetaceans.

 In
comparison to our ECS mailing list, we intend this group to be a more
informal platform and better suited for interaction and discussion
between both members and non-members on a vast range of topics. In
comparison with the facebook page it's more aimed at professional
interaction (and some people like to keep their professional and private
 life separate).

 This group is
still in its infancy and a work in progress, but it can be developed in such
 a way that it includes more subgroups than the current two. If you'd
like to start a new group on a specific topic (i.e. strandings, Risso's
Dolphins, genetics, MPA's, etc, etc), either for the public at large or
for a selected group only, and either within or separate of a current
subgroup, please contact one of the moderators.

 We hope you will all enjoy this new group and are looking forward to your posts and comments.

 If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to post in the comments below or on the group page itself.

 Hope to see you all there.

 With kind regards,

 Wouter Jan Strietman, Francesca Zardin, Aviad Scheinin, Tilen Genov