[MARMAM] List serv posting

Tish Klein tishklein at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 29 05:17:23 PDT 2013

Good morning,

Please post the below information to your list serv.  If you have any questions or I have not done this correctly, please contact me.  This is my first time posting to your list serv.

Thank you,
Tish Klein

Executive Assistant to
Dr. Christopher W. Clark, MSEE, Ph.D.
Sr. Scientist
I.P Johnson Director of Bioacoustics Research Program
Cornell University
159 Sapsucker Wood Rd.  Ithaca, NY 14853
T. 607.254.6260

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Workshop on Machine Learning for Bioacoustics - 30th International
Conference on Machine Learning WBIOAC ICML 2013
20-21 June 2013, Atlanta

http://icml.cc/2013/?page_id=41
http://sabiod.univ-tln.fr/icml2013/index.html

Machine Learning (ML) will become central in biodiversity assessment.
This is a highly complex & challenging task, which involves the
application of both discriminative & generative approaches.
We are pleased to announce the CFP for the workshop Machine Learning
for Bioacoustics under the ICML conference, which is an annual,
highly regarded conference in the machine learning community.

The workshop is comprised of :
1. A regular paper submission regarding common bioacoustics topics
such as classification, localization, detection and others.
2. A technical challenge on avian and/or marine mammal data,
including a prize for the winners!

Important Dates :

Regular paper deadline: 4/30
Author notification: 5/10

Technical Challenge deadline: 5/15
Publication of results: 5/22
Submission of working notes: 5/30

Keynote speakers will provide informative presentations regarding
state of the art methodologies in both the bioacoustic and machine
learning fields.

The workshop organizers are :

Pr. Y. LeCun - Computational and Biological Learning Lab at New York
University, USA Pr. C. Clark - Director of Bioacoustics Research
Program at Cornell University, NY, USA Pr. H. Glotin - Institut
Universitaire de France, CNRS LSIS and USTV, FR Dr. X. Halkias - CNRS
LSIS and USTV, FR Dr. Peter Dugan - Cornell University, NY, USA Dr.
Jérôme Sueur,  - Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, FR

For additional information please visit the website or contact us at
icml4b at gmail.com<mailto:icml4b at gmail.com>

If you hav