[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Course - Punta San Juan, Peru

Susana Cardenas scardenas at csa-upch.org
Thu Apr 18 14:32:04 PDT 2013

Dear MARMAMers,

We are writing to introduce Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia's* Ecology
and Conservation of Marine Mammals of the Humboldt Upwelling Ecosystem* course
in Peru.

UPCH is the most prestigious Peruvian university dedicated to the
biomedical sciences, with a longstanding history of successful alumni who
have excelled in their fields. The University now offers international
students the possibility to get a hands-on experience learning about the
biology, anatomy, physiology, ecology, evolution, behavior, population
biology, management and conservation of marine mammals.

This field-based course will take place August 3 through 12 in Lima and the
government-protected natural reserve of Punta San Juan, Marcona, 500 kms
south of Lima. The 6 academic credit program will be run completely in
English, and it is aimed at undergraduate or graduate students, or anyone
who is interested in having a front-row experience, learning more about the
fascinating world of marine mammals from expert marine biologists.

Registrations are now open. Please find more information enclosed.
We hope to have you and your students joining our course!

And do not hesitate to post widely!

--
Susana Cárdenas Alayza, MSc.
Directora