[MARMAM] Introduction to Statistical Modelling, 22-25th January 2013, Univ. St. Andrews

Lindesay Scott-Hayward lass at st-and.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 04:34:46 PDT 2012

Introduction to Statistical Modelling
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling
22-25 January 2013, University of St. Andrews

The Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling
(CREEM) at the University of St. Andrews will be running a 4 day
‘Statistical Modelling’ workshop to introduce basic statistical
modelling techniques. The workshop will cover Linear Models and
Generalized Linear Models to help participants analyse continuous,
presence/absence and count data. The course will be heavily data-based
and presented using a marine mammal case study and workshop practicals
will be based around an impact assessment analysis. The R software
package will be used for workshop-based practicals and no prior
experience with the R package is assumed. Computer sessions take place
in our computer classroom (attached to the seminar room) and
participants can use our computers or bring their own laptops.

For more information and registration, please visit the web page:
http://www.ruwpa.st-and.ac.uk/workshops/statsmodelling2013/statsmodelling2013.html

Lindesay Scott-Hayward
Centre for Research into Ecological and
Environmental Modelling (CREEM),
The Observatory, University of St Andrews,
Fife KY16 9LZ  Scotland
Tel: +44 (0) 1334 461824

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532