[MARMAM] FYI: FW: RFP for 2012 NMSF Hollings Grants

Dennis Heinemann DHeinemann at mmc.gov
Fri Sep 14 06:52:41 PDT 2012

From: marines at lists.cgbd.org<mailto:marines at lists.cgbd.org> [mailto:marines at lists.cgbd.org]<mailto:[mailto:marines at lists.cgbd.org]> On Behalf Of William Hull
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:03 PM
To: marines at lists.cgbd.org<mailto:marines at lists.cgbd.org>
Subject: [marines] RFP for 2012 NMSF Hollings Grants

Dear friends and colleagues -

I am very pleased to be forwarding you the notice for the Request of Proposals for grants under our Ernest F. Hollings Ocean Awareness Trust Fund.  The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation seeks proposals to increase ocean awareness and promote action for ocean conservation.  NMSF is interested in innovative projects that engage the public in compelling ocean stewardship issues and motivate effective and focused action to benefit both humans and the sea.  This year, NMSF will award up to $100,000 in grants, between $10,000 and $25,000 each, in subjects including but not limited to: Marine Debris, Human Interaction with Marine Mammals, Non-Point Source Pollution and Runoff, Ocean and Human Health, and Ocean Acidification. As we have done for the last two years, we are once again prioritizing proposals that relate to national marine sanctuaries in a meaningful way.  Please refer to the attached RFP itself for specifics.   You can find more information on the Ernest F. Hollings Ocean Awareness Trust Fund and grants funded in the past here<http://www.nmsfocean.org/our-grants>.

Please pass this along to partners and other interested parties.  The deadline for proposal submission is October 26, 2012.

Please contact Allison Alexander at Allison at nmsfocean.org<mailto:Allison at nmsfocean.org> if you have questions on the grant application process.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason M. Patlis