[MARMAM] SMRU Ltd - New vacancy for Marine Biologist(s)
fas at soigroup.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 07:46:04 PDT 2012
SMRU Limited is a global leader in marine mammal consultancy, providing world class expertise with proven ability to deliver innovative, robust and environmentally sound solutions for clients active in the marine and coastal environment.
Our activities include input into the full development cycle, mitigation strategy advice, survey design/implementation, monitoring programs, noise impact assessment, active sonar, passive acoustic monitoring, training, workshops, R&D projects.
SMRU Ltd is now looking for knowledgeable and highly motivated marine biologist(s) to assist us in the ongoing growth of our Company. There would be opportunity for the successful candidate(s) to develop and evolve their role with the Company.
Scope of Responsibilities:
* Delivery of technical components of commercial contracts
* Project management
* Participation in fieldwork or site visits as required
* Assisting the company maintain its reputation for excellence
Skills and Abilities:
* A sound understanding of marine mammal ecology and/or behaviour
* Post-graduate degree in marine mammal biology or equivalent relevant experience
* Willing to learn new skills and contribute to projects that may be outside current areas of expertise
* Positive and outgoing approach to work
* Willing to work away from the office as required (offshore, UK or overseas)
* Meets the Membership criteria of IEEM
* Experience of managing projects with multiple partners and tasks including budget management (including the setting, monitoring and management of project budgets)
* Hold a full driving licence
* A thorough understanding of marine acoustics and the effects of underwater noise on marine species
* Demonstrable ability in the treatment of temporally/spatially correlated data, development of advanced statistical techniques (e.g. GEEs, GAMMs, Bayesian methods)
* Comfortable writing and applying code/ syntax (e.g. in R or SAS) to manipulate, format and analyse complex ecological data to identify spatial or temporal change, with a particular emphasis on the potential drivers of any observed change
* Experience of participating in marine mammal surveys using visual or towed passive acoustic methods
* Able to apply Distance Sampling methodologies in the design and implementation of visual surveys, and the analysis of data to provide robust density estimates (including Model-Based Analysis)
* Experience deploying static PAM devices for marine mammal monitoring and/or processing data using PAMGUARD
* Proven track record writing ES chapters and / or conducting HRA
* Experience of Statutory Agencies/ Regulators, marine (renewable) industry, academic or research institutions or environmental consultancy
Salary: We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability with an attractive benefits package
Closing Date: Friday, 12 October 2012
Previous applicants for post MS 03.12 need not reapply
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter in the first instance detailing your suitability to the post and your salary expectations to recruitment at smru.co.uk, quoting Reference MM 09.12
To find out more about us, please visit our website www.smru.co.uk.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM