[MARMAM] HDR - opening for a Project Manager in our Marine Species Monitoring Program (Norfolk, VA)

Murphy, Sean (Charlotte) Sean.Murphy at hdrinc.com
Fri Nov 30 07:33:19 PST 2012

Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program
HDR EOC is currently in need of a Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program. The ideal candidate will have project management expertise, knowledge of the effects of underwater sound to marine mammals, as well as experience monitoring marine mammal abundance, distribution, and/or behavioral responses to stimuli. This individual must possess excellent communication skills, a demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills, and a demonstrated history of team-oriented performance.  This position will assist in a wide range of project management and team support roles with our current clients and expand our client-base in the Norfolk, VA area with an anticipated concentration of work assignments concentrated on the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico areas but also including the Pacific Ocean region from California to Guam and northward to the Gulf of Alaska.  Travel up to 25% may be required.

For more information on our Marine Species Monitoring program, please follow the links below:

http://www.hdrinc.com/portfolio/marine-species-monitoring

http://www.hdrinc.com/about-hdr/knowledge-center/brochures/2012-marine-sciences-brochure

http://www.navymarinespeciesmonitoring.us/

Masters Degree in Marine Biology or a related field strongly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills are all required.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing scientific research projects focused on marine mammal behavior in a consulting or university-related research capacity; ideally this would include a background of direct interface with customers, and regulatory experience in a combination of Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance.
Candidates must also be highly proficient in writing procedures, guides and/or studies.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.

Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

This position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with HDR's vehicle policy.

This position may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and drug and alcohol testing during the course of your employment based upon HDR's Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.

IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of the HDR website (www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>), and reference job #111551a.

An Affirmative Action Participant EOE M/F/D/V