[MARMAM] Job Posting: Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program

Fredericksen, John John.Fredericksen at hdrinc.com
Mon Nov 19 09:43:04 PST 2012

HDR EOC is currently in need of a Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program for our San Diego, CA office. The ideal candidate will have project management consulting expertise along with an extensive knowledge of Marine Science emphasizing the effects of underwater sound to marine mammals as well as experience monitoring marine mammal abundance, distribution, and/or behavioral responses to stimuli. This individual must possess excellent communication skills, a demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills, and a demonstrated history of team-oriented performance. This position will assist in a wide range of project management and team support roles with our current clients and expand our client-base in the San Diego area with an anticipated concentration of work assignments concentrated on the Southern California and Pacific Northwest region. Travel up to 25% may be required.

Requirements
Masters Degree in Marine Biology or a related field strongly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills are all required.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing scientific research projects focused on marine mammal biology in a consulting or university-related research capacity; ideally this would include a background of direct interface with customers, and regulatory experience in a combination of Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance.
Candidates must also be highly proficient in writing procedures, guides and/or studies.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.

Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of our website, https://prod.fadvhms.com/hdr/jobboard/searchjobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan , and reference job # 121169. For more information about HDR, Inc., please visit www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>.