[MARMAM] Zoological expedition along the Sea of Japan and the Sea of Okhotsk coastlines.

Семёнов Андрей finvalAC at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 12 09:02:56 PST 2012

Dear all,

>From June, 1 till August, 28, 2013 “Finval” research centre (Russia) arranges an exploratory zoological expedition along the Sea of Japan and the Sea of Okhotsk coastlines by a sail and motor trimaran " FIN WHALE ".
  . The expedition aims at studying species composition, distribution and number of marine mammals, marine colonial birds and birds of prey inhabiting the coastal area of the Sea of Japan and the Sea of Okhotsk of the Far East of Russia.
  The expedition starts from the Vanino harbour in the Sea of Japan and finishes in the Magadan harbour in the Sea of Okhotsk.
  The expedition will cover more than 3000 km of the sea exploratory routes. Many regions to be explored are poorly investigated, under populated and have a diversified and rich animal world.
  We would like to invite independent researchers and organizations interested in studying of the animal world of this region as well as lovers of wildlife, photographers and others to take part in the expedition on the terms of co-financing (arrangement fee).  The fee varies from $80 to $130 a day per person depending on targets and duration of the participation in the expedition.
The expedition is divided into four independent stages of different duration. You may take part in the whole expedition or only in one stage of it.

Technical and living conditions of the expedition:

   The sail and motor trimaran " FIN WHALE " is 8,7 meters long and has a heated deck-house isolated from the outdoors that contains two separate sleeping quarters, common mess room, and boat toilet.
  Overnight stops are planned on the shipboard as well as in the tents on the shore.

Arrangement fee covers:

- three meals in the field daily;
- travelling along the expedition route by trimaran or motor boat;
- assistance and consulting by employees of the “Finval” research centre;
- obtainment of permits to attend border zone and specially protected natural reservations;
- provision of a tent and a tourist mat for overnight stops;
- insurance.

For additional information please contact us at  finvalAC at yandex.ru

--
Andrey Semenov
Director of the Research Center "Finval"