[MARMAM] New paper: accounting for lipids in stable isotope analysis of skin and blubber

Conor Ryan miolmor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:43:19 PST 2012

Dear Marmamers,

We are pleased to announce the recent publication of our paper in Rapid
Communications in Mass Spectrometry. Our approach will be useful to anyone
considering stable isotope analysis of skin and blubber biopsies of fin,
humpback and minke whales (or indeed other cetacean species) Click
here<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/rcm.6394/abstract;jsessionid=E50C23B3991017ED21DCC0E3E9AF4186.d01t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=true>for
link.

Ryan, C., McHugh, B., Trueman, C. N., Harrod, C., Berrow, S. D., &
O'Connor, I. (2012). Accounting for the effects of lipids in stable isotope
(δ13C and δ15N values) analysis of skin and blubber of balaenopterid
whales. *Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry*, *26*(23), 2745-2754.

I will be happy to provide pdf copies upon request.

--
Dr Conor Ryan

Marine Biodiversity Research Group,
Marine & Freshwater Research Centre,