[MARMAM] SOCAL-BRS 2011 Annual Report available

Brandon Southall brandon.southall at sea-inc.net
Fri Mar 30 13:19:13 PDT 2012

MARMAM subscribers,

On behalf of our research team working on behavioral response studies of
marine mammals in southern California (SOCAL-BRS), we would like to
announce the availability of our annual report from the 2011 field
season.  Please go to: www.socal-brs.org and pull down the page that
says SOCAL-11 - you will find a link to the .pdf right under the photo
and header.  We would like to especially thank all of our team members
for their hard work, as well as the support of our research sponsors at
the U.S. Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, Environmental Readiness
Division (OPNAV N45) and the Office of Naval Research.  Thanks also for
the efforts of NOAA's Office of Science and Technology and Office of
Protected Resources, the Southwest Regional Marine Mammal Stranding
Network, the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary, the fun and
dedicated crew of the /M/V Truth /from Truth Aquatics, the California
Coastal Commission, and the American Cetacean Society.

We are well into the analysis of both of the first two years of data and
have presented some of the preliminary results; peer-reviewed
publications from the SOCAL-BRS project we be forthcoming in the coming
months.  We are planning a slightly modified field approach in the
summer and fall of 2012 - further information on these plans will be
available at socal.brs.org in early summer.  We will again provide the
from-the-field blog when our fieldwork begins in late July.

Brandon Southall (on behalf of the SOCAL-BRS team).

--
PLEASE NOTE: New mailing address and office/FAX #s for SEA, Inc.

Brandon L. Southall, Ph.D.
President, Senior Scientist, SEA, Inc.
Research Associate, University of California, Santa Cruz
9099 Soquel Drive, Suite 8, Aptos, CA 95003, USA
831.332.8744 (mobile); 831.661.5177 (office); 831.661.5178 (fax)
Brandon.Southall at sea-inc.net; www.sea-inc.net