[MARMAM] Wanted: cetacean ID key

alesha naranjit alesha.r.n at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:03:52 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to obtain a cetacean ID key for the identification of cetacean
carcasses and skeletal remains. These are mostly to ID stranded animals. I
have a copy of the FAO Species Identification Guide, Marine Mammals of the
World (1994 I believe) but would wondered if there were any other keys
available.

Also, I would appreciate if someone can confirm whether all delphinidae
species, with the exception of *Steno, *have smooth teeth as I have not
seen descriptions of the surface texture of delphinidae teeth other than
those of *Steno*.

If you have any information please contact me at alesha.r.n at gmail.com.

Thanks
Alësha Naranjit