[MARMAM] Book Chapter Invitation

Keith, Edward edwardok at nova.edu
Tue Mar 20 15:20:13 PDT 2012

Hello,

A colleague, Dr. Aldemaro Romero, and I have been commissioned to edit a new
book about current issues and controversies in marine mammal science.  It is
our intention to produce a timely, up-to-date and "edgy" volume that
reflects current controversies and/or advances in the field.

It is our pleasure to invite you to submit a chapter proposal on any topic

in consideration for inclusion in our book.  We are especially interested

in topics that will be of interest to all who are interested in marine
mammal

biology.

If you are interested, please respond at your earliest convenience and then
send us a chapter proposal by 1 April.  The title and content of your
chapter is entirely up to you.  Chapter proposals should be written 1-4
pages long, describing main ideas, key points and research results. The
chapter proposals can include images and/or tables, and there is no specific
technical requirement.  Please follow the instructions at the link below to
submit a chapter proposal.  Once we evaluate and accept your chapter
proposal, we will notify you of the deadline date for submission of a full
chapter.

http://www.intechweb.org/participate-in-a-book-project.html

The book is being published by an open-access publisher located in Croatia
called In-Tech.  The working title of the book is "Marine Mammals" and the
ISBN is 979-953-307-948-5.  We will probably change the title of the book to
"Current Issues in Marine Mammalogy" or something similar in order to more
precisely define its intended contents.

Thank you in advance for considering this request.  We look forward to
working with you.

Edward O. Keith, Ph.D.
Nova Southeastern University
Oceanographic Center