[MARMAM] Summer Internship - Provincetown, MA USA
srichardson at coastalstudies.org
Mon Mar 19 06:33:47 PDT 2012
*Marine Education Internship*
*Summer 2012 *
Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies, Provincetown MA USA
*Education Responsibilities*-Interns will assist with environmental
education programs, including on-site programs, off-site programs, and
festivals, including PCCS’s new signature summer week of events: Whale Week:
A Celebration of the Sea. Interns will assist in the staffing of the
Center’s informational and sales kiosk on MacMillian Pier; designing and
delivering presentations, answering questions about PCCS, marine mammals
and ocean conservation issues, and other general duties. Interns may
assist with a filming project, create displays for the PCCS’s laboratory,
and help create lesson plans and activities that are aligned with the
Massachusetts State Frameworks.
Other Responsibilities- Each intern will take on a project which they will
work on for the duration of their internship. The project must be proposed
by the student and agreed upon with the PCCS staff. At the end of the
internship the intern will present the project to the staff, volunteers,
and members of the public.
Interns must have their own transportation, and housing is not provided.
- The internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in, or
recently graduated from an accredited college or university. High
school students may also be considered.
- Preference will be given to students or recent graduates working
towards environmental studies, education, marine science, biology or other
- Interns should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Filming and editing experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Students that are adaptable, responsible, hard working, willing to
learn, and have attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working with all ages.
- Must be comfortable working outside in all conditions.
- Interns must be able to commit to at least two months; start and end
dates are flexible due to school schedules.
- Interns must work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
The Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies is a non-profit organization
dedicated to conducting scientific research with emphasis on marine mammals
of the western North Atlantic and on the coastal and marine habitats and
resources of the Gulf of Maine. PCCS has been conducting research and
marine and coastal educational programs on Cape Cod for over 35 years.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference
115 Bradford Street
Provincetown, Massachusetts 02657
Or Email: srichardson at coastalstudies.org
Applications must be received by April 15th, 2012.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM