[MARMAM] Posting: Special Issue New Zealand J Zool Call for Papers

Forcada, Jaume jfor at bas.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 00:10:11 PST 2012

Jaume Forcada
jfor at bas.ac.uk

Of interest for researchers on marine mammals and wind energy generation:

Call for papers for a special issue of the New Zealand Journal of Zoology on: Wind Energy and Wildlife.
The use of wind energy, as an alternative to fossil fuels, has increased worldwide in recent years. It currently accounts for some 4.2% of NZ energy generation, predicted to rise to 20% by 2030. However, some research has shown negative effects of wind turbines on both bats and birds. It is timely to consider the evidence for wider impacts of the burgeoning wind energy industry. In this special issue we seek NZ and international contributions that will encourage a better dialogue and understanding of how wind energy developments affect wildlife.

The New Zealand Journal of Zoology is pleased to issue this call for papers for an upcoming special issue focussing on this topic. We welcome papers on any aspect of wind energy and wildlife, including:
*	Effects on birds, particularly migratory and predatory species
*	Effects on bats
*	Effects on other animals
*	Modelling
*	Mitigation

Submissions of manuscripts up to 5,000 words can be made directly to our ScholarOne online portal at:
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nzjz

The deadline for submissions is 1 July 2012.
Please see our Information for Authors for full details of how to prepare submissions: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tnzz20&page=instructions
Please direct any enquiries to Dr Stuart Parsons: s.parsons at auckland.ac.nz

Dr Jaume Forcada
British Antarctic Survey
Natural Environment Research Council
High Cross, Madingley Road,Cambridge CB3 0ET, UK
ph: 44-(0)1223-221326
fax: 44-(0)1223-221259
Email: jfor at bas.ac.uk
Web: http://www.bas.ac.uk/profile/jforcada/