[MARMAM] New paper on DMV and Toxoplasma gondii infection in a fin whale (Balenoptera physalus)

Sandro Mazzariol sandro.mazzariol at unipd.it
Wed Mar 7 09:06:32 PST 2012

Dear collegues,

we're pleased to announce the following recent publication in BMC
Veterinary Research reguarding the first case of co-infection of Dolphin
Morbillivirus and Toxoplasma gondii in a Mediterranean fin whale
(Balenoptera physalus) stranded on January 26th, 2011 along Tuscany
coastline (Italy). Another fin whale positive to morbillivirus stranded
in october 2011 in Sardinia.

*Mazzariol*S.,***Marcer*F.,*Mignone*W.,*Serracca*L.,*Goria*M.,*Marsili
L.*,*Di Guardo*G. and*Casalone C (2012). **Dolphin Morbillivirus and
Toxoplasma gondii coinfection in a Mediterranean fin whale (Balaenoptera
physalus). *BMC Veterinary Research 8:20.

The abstract and provisional pdf could be found at the following address.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1746-6148/8/20/abstract

For any comment or question, please don't exitate to contact me
(sandro.mazzariol at unipd.it)

Best regards

Sandro Mazzariol

--
Dr. Sandro Mazzariol, DVM, PhD
Dept. of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science (BCA)

  tel.: +39 049 827 2963
fax:  +39 049 827 2973
e-mail: sandro.mazzariol at unipd.it