[MARMAM] MESSY Maine Marine Mammal Camp

Tora Johnson tjohnson at maine.edu
Tue Jun 19 07:04:46 PDT 2012

Hi MARMAM Folks!

Please spread the word!

The University of Maine at Machias residential summer camp's theme this
year is marine mammals. Machias Summer Session for Youth Camp--MESSY for
short--still has room for high school (7/22-27) and middle school kids
(7/29-8/3) who want to have an awesome time and get, well, MESSY.

MESSY always combines outdoor adventures, high tech activities, arts
projects, and a chance to take part in research in a college setting. Each
year we adopt a theme and delve into it from a variety of perspectives, and
by camper request, we'll be focusing on marine mammals in 2012. We'll go on
a whale watch, observe seal behavior, learn to assess sick and stranded
animals, work with skeletons, map whale tracks and sightings, and more.
Visit our website http://machias.edu/messy for more info and registration. Like
us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/MESSY-Machias-Environmental-Summer-Session-for-Youth/236223396411989>to
keep up with MESSY announcements.

Thanks to generous donors, we have scholarships for campers in need. We can
arrange to pick up campers at the airport or bus station in Bangor for a
small fee.

Any questions? Feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance for helping to get the word out!

Tora
Tora Johnson
Director/ Instructor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory