[MARMAM] Job Opportunity - Field Support Scientist(s), Anchorage, Alaska
Scott.Carr at jasco.com
Fri Jun 8 09:54:07 PDT 2012
Position Description: Field SUPPORT SCIENTIST(S)
JASCO Applied Sciences is an international group of companies with over 30 years' experience in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Marine Construction, Environmental, Oceanographic and Defense sectors. We are a world-leader in the science related to anthropogenic noise and its effects on marine life. JASCO has immediate openings for Field Support Scientist(s) in our Anchorage, Alaska office.
As a Field Support Scientist you will conduct scientific research programs in the field and at sea participating in the preparation, deployment, and retrieval of a variety of underwater acoustic instrumentation packages. This may require considerable travel worldwide.
* Participate in scientific research studies at sea and in the field, possibly in remote locations
* Conduct routine maintenance, assembly and disassembly of oceanographic instruments and moorings
* Sea going support of oceanographic equipment deployments and recoveries
* Packaging of oceanographic instrumentation in preparation for shipping prior to deployment
* Unpacking and cleaning of oceanographic instrumentation after recovery
* Adherence to quality and health & safety policies and procedures
Required Qualifications and Experience
* Sea-going experience, ideally in support of scientific research, offshore oil & gas exploration or passive sonar operations
* Traditional Knowledge of the Alaskan Marine Environment
* Experience in the deployment, recovery and mooring of oceanographic instrumentation
* Keen attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment maintaining focus on work quality
* Ability to perform physically and mentally demanding tasks
* Willingness and ability to learn
* Able to obtain/maintain a Marine Medical Certificate
* Able to travel internationally and to pass a government security clearance
* Relevant Degree or Traditional Knowledge in Marine/Environmental Science, Physics or Biology
* Desirable: Knowledge of Underwater Acoustics and Noise Impact Assessment especially as they pertain to Marine Mammals.
* Desirable: Current Offshore Survival and Medical Certificates
* Desirable: Formal First Aid Training & Qualifications
* Competitive compensation package
Please send resume to careers at jasco.com<mailto:careers at jasco.com>
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Executive Officer
JASCO APPLIED SCIENCES
202 - 32 Troop Ave.
Dartmouth, NS, Canada, B3B 1Z1
T. +1.902.405.3336 ex. 1001
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
This email and any files transmitted with it contains proprietary information and, unless expressly stated otherwise, all contents and attachments are confidential. This email is intended for the addressee(s) only and access by anyone else is unauthorized.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM