[MARMAM] ACS Whalewatcher Journal (Vol. 41, No. 1) Sperm Whale: Whale of Extremes

Uko Gorter uko at ukogorter.com
Fri Jun 1 12:36:44 PDT 2012

Dear MARMAM  subscribers,

The American Cetacean Society is proud to announce the full-color
special Sperm Whale issue of our ACS Whalewatcher Journal (Spring 2012
Volume 41, Number 1).
This special leviathanic issue is solely devoted to the sperm whale,
Physeter macrocephalus, and delves into the many aspects of sperm
whale ecology, culture, and conservation.
We like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to Hal
Whitehead, who served as our guest editor, and wish to thank all the
authors and photographers who have contributed greatly to this special
sperm whale issue.

American Cetacean Society, Whalewatcher Journal, Spring 2012, Vol. 41,
No. 1

Sperm Whale: Whale of Extremes

In this issue:

– The Whale That Captured Me – Hal Whitehead.
– Foraging With the Biggest Nose on Record – Peter T. Madsen
– The Surprisingly Familiar Family Lives of Sperm Whales – Shane Gero.
– Sperm Whale Communications and Culture – Luke Rendell.
– On the Nose: Anatomy of the Sperm Whale Head – Uko Gorter
– Sperm Whales in the Mediterranean: The Difficult Art of Coexisting
With Humans in a Crowded Sea –Giuseppe Notarbartolo di Sciara,
Alexandros Frantzis, and Luke Rendell.
– Sperm Whales & Fisheries: An Alaskan Perspective of a Global Problem
– Jan Straley
– The War Between Homo sapiens and the Physeter macrocephalus (Where
One Side Was Heavily Armed and the Other Didn’t Even Know There Was a
War Going On) – Richard Ellis.

and more...

To order you copy! (do not reply to this email)

Contact Kaye Reznick, Business Manager of the American Cetacean Society.

Email:  acsoffice at acsonline.org
Call:  1-310-548-6279

Price: $ 8.00 US Dollars, plus S&H of $3 with North America, $8
International.
Have a credit card number ready when calling.

Or better yet, become an ACS member today (http://acsonline.org/support-acs/become-member/
)

Note: We still have copies of our Beaked Whales/John Heyning,
Phocoenid (Vaquita), Climate Change/Cetaceans, and Killer Whale
special issues.

Kind regards, Uko Gorter and Kaye Reznick (co-editors).

AMERICAN CETACEAN SOCIETY
P. O. Box 1391
San Pedro, CA 90733-1391
www.acsonline.org
1-310-548-6279

Cheryl McCormick, Ph.D., Executive Director