[MARMAM] electronic data collection for strandings posting

Heather Hill hdolphin18 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 05:12:49 PDT 2012

Please post the following message on the listserv. Thanks.

Greetings.

I am looking for information regarding electronic data collection techniques for recording biological, physiological, and behavioral data during marine mammal stranding support efforts.  Currently, the Texas Marine Mammal Stranding network volunteers and staff record most information by hand on paper documents.  They are looking for ideas about electronic collection options.  We would appreciate any feedback regarding electronic collection methods (software programs and hardware) that are currently in use and functional in a semi-wet environment.

Please contact Dr. Heather Hill at hhill1 at stmarytx.edu  with any information you may wish to share.

Thank you for your time.

Heather Hill, PhD
Associate Professor