[MARMAM] Photos of humpback whale sighting on June 28th, 2012 in the Mediterranean Sea

Sylvia Frey sfrey at oceancare.org
Mon Jul 2 08:40:12 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues

As reported three days ago OceanCare experienced an extraordinary
sighting of a humpback whale south of Nice, France. Due to the great
interest in this sighting I posted some of the most interesting photos
in terms of identification of the animal online. Unfortunately, we don't
have any good picture from the fluke of the animal as it showed us its
fluke only once from rather far away. However, the photos of the fin
allow to identify the animal as it has rather unique marks in particular
on the right side (and in front) of the fin. To access the photos please
follow the link below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/syfrey/Humpback_whale_28062012_CoteDAzur?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNewxKX_mrv-Yg&feat=directlink

If you recognise the animal please let me know and if you use any of the
photos please credit OceanCare.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sylvia