[MARMAM] Risso's dolphin workshop

Ing Chen ingechen at ntu.edu.tw
Tue Jan 17 12:04:24 PST 2012

Hello Marmam subscribers,

*ECS Conference workshop open for register*

Grampus griseus 200th anniversary: Risso’s dolphins in the
contemporary world

Time:  Afternoon, 25th March, 2012
Site:  Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Galway, Ireland

Year 2012 marks the 200th anniversary of the scientific nomination of
Risso’s dolphin (Grampus griseus, Cuvier 1812). This is a fantastic
chance to celebrate, as well as review our current knowledge about
this “poorly known” species. This workshop will be held in honour of
this fabulous occasion; researchers and students studying, or
interested in Risso's dolphins are all welcome to attend.

To register, please take a few minutes to fill in our register form,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dEo1aVNKbUZidE9CWm8xdzN1LUlfTnc6MQ
#gid=0

If you would like to deliver a short presentation about your Grampus
study, please send a message to Ing Chen <ingechen at ntu.edu.tw> for the
abstract format. The deadline for abstract submission is 18th February
2012; we aim to edit it into a preview booklet for all attendees prior
to the workshop.

Please note that there will be a provision fee of 10-20EUR for tea and
coffee. For further questions, please contact Ing Chen <ingechen at ntu.edu.tw
 > or Karin Hartman <oceanwatch at gmail.com>. Thank you for your
interest and we look forward to seeing you in Galway!

Sincerely,

Karin and Ing

---
Karin Hartman
Nova Atlantis Foundation
Risso's Dolphin Research Center
Rua Dr. Freitas Pimentel 11
9930-309 Santa Cruz das Ribeiras
Lajes do Pico
Azores -Portugal

00351-292 678 474
00351-915213200
www.nova-atlantis.org

---
Ing Chen
PhD student
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences,
University of Durham
South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE, UK
ing.chen at durham.ac.uk
ingechen at ntu.edu.tw