[MARMAM] New online marine mammal discussion forum

Administrator@MARMAM.net Administrator at marmam.net
Sun Dec 16 17:14:39 PST 2012

Hello MARMAM listserve,

In an effort to foster open communication between marine mammal researchers, educators, managers, advocates, students, and anyone interested in marine mammals, we have launched a new online discussion forum for anything marine mammal related. The website is: www.marmam.net and there is no charge for registering to use the site. We have created a number of forum topics to get started in a hope to encourage an open dialogue regarding various topics, I.e. meeting and conference announcements, management notifications, job postings, internships, field report, research papers, etc.

Many we've spoken with feel it is just too long between the Society for Marine Mammalogy conferences to connect with friends and colleagues and we hope that this will encourage increased discussions, potential collaborations, etc.

Since we're just starting out, we will also be looking for people to potentially moderate various forums, so please let us know if you're interested.

Thanks and happy holidays,

MARMAM.net Forum Management Team