[MARMAM] proceedings of killer wha­le workshop (Russia)

Olga Filatova zorro_azur at mail333.com
Sat Dec 1 12:30:54 PST 2012

Dear colleagues,

Workshop on killer whales was held on September 24, 2012 in frames of the seventh international conference «Marine Mammals of the Holarctic». The conference was organized by the Russian Marine Mammal Council and held on 24-28 September 2012 in Suzdal, Russia.

The proceedings of the workshop are now available for download here http://2mn.org/downloads/bookshelf/mmh7_orca.pdf

Contents:
Olesiuk P.F. Population biology of the resident ecotype of killer whale in British Columbia
Filatova O.A., Fedutin I.D., Shabalina A.O., Burdin A.M., Hoyt E. Vocal dialects and population structure of killer whales from Eastern Kamchatka and the Commander Islands
Ivkovich T.V., Burdin A.M., Hoyt E. Social behaviour and population structure of killer whales in Avacha Gulf
Belonovich O.A., Fomin S.V., Ryazanov S.D. Transient killer whales of the Commander Islands
Shpak O.V. Mammal-eating killer whales (Orcinus orca) in the western part of The Okhotsk Sea: our observations and interview data
Shulezhko T.S., Burkanov V.N. Encounters with killer whales in the northwestern Pacific in 2003-2011
Nagaylik M.M., Burdin A.M., Hoyt E. Influence of salmon abundance on the activity of fish-eating killer whales
Borisova E.A., Shpak O.V., Meschersky I.G., Burdin A.M. Preliminary results of genetic analysis of killer whales from the Russian Far East
Melnikov V.V., Zagrebin I.A. Predation of killer whale (Orcinus orca) in the coastal waters of Chukotka peninsula
Mymrin N. I. Observations of behavior of killer whales (Orcinus orca) near Chukotka peninsula

Best regards,
Olga