[MARMAM] American Cetacean Society Conference: early bird registration deadline Sept. 1, 2012

Uko Gorter uko at ukogorter.com
Wed Aug 1 17:30:53 PDT 2012

AMERICAN CETACEAN SOCIETY
13th International Conference
‘Whales and Humans: A Conflicted Relationship’

November 9-11, 2012
Hyatt Regency, Mission Bay, San Diego, California

Dear MARMAM subscribers,

A reminder to all of you, the EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION for our ACS
conference will END on SEPTEMBER 1. So sign up now!

Below is a direct link to our ACS conference page with a direct link
to the registration page:
http://acsonline.org/education/conference/2012-conference./

A direct link to the conference registration and conference program
(PDF) can be found here:
http://acsonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-Confererence-Program-7_161.pdf

A Direct link to the Hyatt Regency, Mission Bay, San Diego, can be
found here below (conference rate is $149/night):
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9379502

This is shaping up to be an incredible conference with amazing
speakers and special guests, whale watch trips, and more.

Our Keynote Speaker is Dr. Frans de Waal, C.H. Chandler Professor of
Primate Behavior, Emory University, and director of Living Links,
Yerkes National Primate Research Center.

Speakers and Special Guests are:

Bob Brownell (NOAA); Cheryl McCormick (Ascend Nonprofit Consulting);
Kate O’Connell (Balaena Consulting); Andrés Ciscneros Montemayor
(UBC); Deborah Giles (UC Davis); Cara Lachmuth (UBC); Stephanie Norman
(Marine-Med); Brandon Southall (SOCAL-BRS); Denise Herzing (Wild
Dolphin Project); Lori Marino (Emory University); Diana Reiss (Hunter
College); Thomas White (Loyola Marymount Univ.); Charles “Flip”
Nicklin (National Geographic Society); Taryn Kiekow (NRDC); Marla Holt
(NOAA); Peter Ross (Dept. Fisheries Oceans, Canada); Susan Chivers
(NOAA-SWFSC); Ari Friedlaender (Duke Univ.); Robert Pitman (NOAA-
SWFSC); John Durban (NOAA-SWFSC); Michael Weise (Off. Naval Res.);
Bruce Mate (OSU); Cindy McInnis (Ocean Alliance), and many more!

Don't miss it.  Sign up today.  We look forward to seeing you...

Questions? Contact Kaye Reznick at acsoffice at acsonline.org or call
310-548-6279

Kathy Zagzebski, ACS President
Kaye Reznick, ACS Business Manager

American Cetacean Society
National Headquarters

P.O. Box 1391
San Pedro, CA 90733-1391
310-548-6279
www.acsonline.org

Uko Gorter, ACS-Puget Sound Chapter president, on behalf of ACS
National Headquarters