[MARMAM] 3D models of small cetaceans

Vadim Pavlov pavlov.v.v at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:09:43 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

I work on construction of 3D models of small cetaceans in frames of
our ongoing project on dolphin hydrodynamics, please see the links
below. The following species are of particular interest: right whale
dolphin (both species), Dall's porpoise, melon-headed whale,
rough-toothed dolphin, and Cephalorhynchus spp.

I am wondering if anyone has an access to that species. Ideally it
could be by-caught or stranded animals stored in freezing camera. Good
body condition is preferable so that I could make the appropriate
measurements and photos. If you have such an opportunity, please
contact me.

Thank you,
Vadim Pavlov

Here are some examples of 3D models of dolphins and porpoises:

http://www.tiho-hannover.de/kliniken-institute/institute/institut-fuer-terrestrische-und-aquatische-wildtierforschung/aquatische-wildtierforschung-buesum/forschung/aktuelle-projekte/lernen-von-der-haut-eines-delphins-analyse-der-beziehung-zwischen-hautmorphologie-und-den-lokalen-stroemumgsbedingungen-eines-schnell-schwimmenden-delphins/

http://www.tiho-hannover.de/kliniken-institute/institute/institut-fuer-terrestrische-und-aquatische-wildtierforschung/aquatische-wildtierforschung-buesum/forschung/aktuelle-projekte/innovatives-tag-design-fuer-delphin-telemetrie/

--
Dr. Vadim Pavlov
Institute for Terrestrial and Aquatic Wildlife Research