[MARMAM] Thesis on the protection of whales in international law

Eline Van den Broeck van.den.broeck.eline at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 06:25:14 PDT 2012

Hi all!

I am a first year master law student at the Free University of Brussels,
Belgium - http://www.vub.ac.be . This year I am preparing my master thesis
concerning the protection of whales in international law. Purpose of this
preparation is to start writing my thesis with a decent background on the
subject.

I have already found numerous articles but, like in all researches, it can
always be more! So, I am looking for articles subjecting whales in a
juridical manner and/or people who can teach me more about whaling
approaches. Some examples: information about the relation between the IWC
and the ICRW, articles on the case "Whaling in the Antarctic - Australia v.
Japan" brought before the ICJ and any other previous cases concerning
whales (in an international context), actions of conservation groups, texts
about whaling practices in Norway and Iceland, the moratorium v. revised
management,....

One little disadvantage is that it is mandatory to write my thesis in
Dutch. Although, if many people are interested in the outcome (expected at
the end of June 2013), I am willing to translate it in English in the
second half of 2013).

Anyone who is interested in helping me can reach me at following address:
van.den.broeck.eline at gmail.com

Hopeful and with kindest regards,

Eline Van den Broeck