[MARMAM] new book: DOLPHIN CONFIDENTIAL: CONFESSIONS OF A FIELD BIOLOGIST

Maddalena Bearzi mbearzi at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 9 10:09:21 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the release of my new book:

DOLPHIN CONFIDENTIAL: CONFESSIONS OF A FIELD BIOLOGIST

(216 pages | 71 line drawings | Chicago University Press © 2012)

Review Quotes
<http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/D/bo10896892.html#tab-
quotes>
³Maddalena Bearzi impresses me with her capabilities and passion as a marine
mammal scientist and her clear and erudite manner of expressing the
interface between science and an emotional sense of the animals she studies.
I recommend this beautifully illustrated book to the starry-eyed juvenile
would-be marine biologist, to those of us beginning our twilight years who
may need a reminder of how we started and what this should mean in a larger
sense of helping fragile Earth, and to all those academically and
environmentally minded in between.²‹Bernd Würsig, Texas A&M University at
Galveston
³I simply love this book. In Dolphin Confidential, renowned scientist
Maddalena Bearzi tells us what it is like to be a field researcher and what
it is like to be a dolphin, the ups and downs of daily life, and her
excitement about learning just who these fascinating animals are. Bearzi¹s
science is impeccable, and her book is an easy read for those who want to
share her and the dolphin¹s lives.²‹Marc Bekoff, author of Wild Justice
³This is a delightful chronicle of a young ocean lover¹s journey to turn her
passion into a career in science, and that scientist¹s coming-of-age as she
observes an ocean changing around her and the creatures she has come to love
and defend. I found it both relaxing and energizing, all at the same
time.²‹Carl Safina, author of Song for the Blue Ocean

You can check the Chicago University Press website for more information
about this book:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/D/bo10896892.html
Now available in Amazon (US and Europe):
http://www.amazon.com/Dolphin-Confidential-Confessions-Field-Biologist/dp/02
26040151/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321726449&sr=1-1

Sincerely,

Maddalena Bearzi, Ph.D.
Ocean Conservation Society, President

P.O. Box 12860