[MARMAM] SMM Conference Video Expression of Interest REOPENED til Oct 7

SMM Video Night smmconferencevideo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:31:44 PDT 2011

Greetings Marine Mammal Colleagues-

Due to several requests from interested people, we are re-opening
submissions for videos for the SMM Conference Video Night.  We already have
some amazing footage so you definitely do not want to miss this event.  We
are looking for more footage of some of the experiences you have had or
discoveries you have made in your research with marine mammals.

*Expression of Interest - DUE BY OCT 7*

If you THINK YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE VIDEO TO SUBMIT then please send an email
with your expression of interest to the SMMconferencevideo at gmail.com with
the following information:

   1. Subject line of email should be Your Last Name – Subject Species
   2. Your name
   3. Your Affiliation and contact info
   4. A brief description of what the video will contain
   5. Approximate duration
   6. File Format and Size
   7. Are you willing to have your video be viewable, but not downloadable,
   on the Society’s webpage before and after the conference?

*YouTube Submission and Review of Video - DUE BY OCT 15 (unless you arrange
something else with us) - Acceptance notification by OCT 31*

If you already have your video, then please upload it to youtube for us to
review. This must be done by Oct 15!  If you don't want it accessible to the
general public you can select for your video to be "UNLISTED" under the
PRIVACY options in the Broadcasting and Sharing options.  Then just send us
the link for viewing.  If this option doesn't work for you let us know and
we can work it another way.

   - We would like to allow as many videos as possible so please try to keep
   your video as brief as possible.  We will not accept videos longer than 5
   minutes without prior approval.

   - This is a venue to share videos covering a variety of species and
   topics: natural history, research discoveries, extraordinary interactions,
   etc.  We do not want videos that are political/polarizing/controversial
   in nature.

*Submission of the actual video footage- BY NOV 11*

Will advise all selectees how to submit video.

If you are participating in the Heroes in Marine Mammal Science video
project, we will be working with you separately.

Looking forward to seeing all the great footage.

Cheers,

The Conference Video Team