[MARMAM] Postdoctoral fellowship opportunities in the Netherlands for marine mammal population/evolutionary/conservation genetics

Per J Palsboll p.j.palsboll at rug.nl
Thu Sep 22 01:22:42 PDT 2011

I would like to draw recent and soon-to-graduate PhDs' attention to the
Rubicon Postdoctoral Programme under the Dutch National Research Funding
Agency. We would be more than delighted to host an imaginative and
self-driven post doctorate in our lab under this programme. The
fellowship is open to all nationalities and awarded based upon research
excellence. The proposal is relatively short. For more information see:
http://www.nwo.nl/nwohome.nsf/pages/NWOP_6H2G7R_ENG. The next (and
possibly last deadline for this program is December 1st, 2011)

Our main focus area is the application of genetic methods to study the
ecology and evolution of marine mammals. We are currently (in
collaboration with UC Santa Cruz as well as UC San Francisco) sequencing
the genome of the humpback whale and the harbor porpoise but we have
also large collections of samples from many marine mammal species and
populations, and plenty of data awaiting analysis.

If you are interested please write to Per Palsboll (p.j.palsboll at rug.nl)
and Martine Berube (m.berube at rug.nl).

Cheers,

--
Per J. Palsboll, Professor

Marine Evolution and Conservation
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies
University of Groningen
Nijenborgh 7
9747 AG Groningen
The Netherlands