[MARMAM] 26th European Cetacean Society Conference

Simon Berrow simon.berrow at shannondolphins.ie
Fri Sep 9 07:02:24 PDT 2011

26th European Cetacean Society Conference

Galway Ireland, 26-28 March 2012

First announcement of the 26th European Cetacean Society Conference, which will be held in Galway, Ireland from 26-28 March 2012; hosted by the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group and the Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT). The conference will be held at the Galway Bay Hotel (www.galwaybayhotel.com) and workshops held over the weekend 24-25 March at GMIT (www.gmit.ie).

The theme of the conference is Communication: information and ideas worth sharing. We hope to explore communication across and between marine mammals, scientists, policy-makers and the public.

The conference will be wrapped up in music, dancing, stories and chat. A chance to exchange ideas and experiences and meet old and new friends alike, because after all that is what conferences should be about ! We look forward to seeing you in Galway. Website details to follow. Abstract deadline mid-November. Conference email ECS2012 at gmit.ie or follow us on twitter @ECS2012Galway.