[MARMAM] HDR - Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program, #111551

Murphy, Sean (Charlotte) Sean.Murphy at hdrinc.com
Fri Nov 11 08:08:34 PST 2011

HDR is an employee-owned architectural, engineering and consulting firm of over 7,800 professionals in over 185 locations worldwide that helps clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions. HDR is ranked #13 among Engineering News-Record's "Top 500 Design Firms", and we are also ranked as the #1 healthcare design firm by Modern Healthcare's 2011 "Annual Construction & Design Survey of Healthcare Architects".

As an integrated firm, HDR provides a total spectrum of services for our clients. Our staff professional represent hundreds of disciplines and partner on blended teams throughout North America and abroad to provide solutions beyond the scope of traditional A/E/C firms. To learn more about us, please visit our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>.

IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>, and reference job #111551. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE SENDER OF THIS EMAIL.

HDR EOC is currently in need of a Project Manager - Marine Species Monitoring Program for our Norfolk, VA location. The ideal candidate will have project management consulting expertise along with an extensive knowledge of Marine Science emphasizing the effects of underwater sound to marine mammals as well as experience monitoring marine mammal abundance, distribution, and/or behavioral responses to stimuli. This individual must possess excellent communication skills, a demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills, and a demonstrated history of team-oriented performance.  This position will assist in a wide range of project management and team support roles with our current clients and expand our client-base in the Norfolk, VA area with an anticipated concentration of work assignments concentrated on the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico areas but also including the Pacific Ocean region from California to Guam and northward to the Gulf of Alaska.  Travel up to 25% may be required.

Masters Degree in Marine Biology or a related field strongly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management skills are all required.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing scientific research projects focused on marine mammal behavior in a consulting or university-related research capacity; ideally this would include a background of direct interface with customers, and regulatory experience in a combination of Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance.
Candidates must also be highly proficient in writing procedures, guides and/or studies.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.

Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

IN ORDER TO APPLY, please visit the 'Careers' section of our website, www.hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com>, and reference job #111551. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE SENDER OF THIS EMAIL.

Sean Murphy

HDR, Inc.
Regional Recruiter

440 S. Church Street, Suite 1000 | Charlotte, NC 28202
704-338-6845 | c: 704-369-6330
Sean.Murphy at hdrinc.com<mailto:first.last at hdrinc.com> | hdrinc.com<http://www.hdrinc.com/> (or hdrarchitecture.com<http://www.hdrinc.com/markets/architecture>)
Follow Us - Architizer | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr