[MARMAM] What MMO guidelines are in use worldwide

patrick at mmo-association.org patrick at mmo-association.org
Fri Nov 11 04:06:16 PST 2011

Dear MMO or PAM operator

The Marine Mammal Observer Association is currently conducting a review of
guidelines in use worldwide and we need to establish what guidelines are
being used in each jurisdiction. Increasingly these seem to be modified
versions of the JNCC (UK) or other guidelines.

I would be grateful if you can tell me from your experience what
guidelines were adopted for surveys in recent years (2007 on) and whether
PAM was used. I do not wish to have any client or survey specific
information which may be confidential. I just need to know

1. The country
2. The guidelines used and if modified what those modifications were briefly
3. Whether PAM was used or not.

I appreciate your response on this to my email patrick at mmo-association.org

Best Regards

Patrick Lyne
The Marine Mammal Observer Association (MMOA)
Communications House
26 York Street
London
W1U 6PZ
UK

email: patrick at mmo-association.org
website: www.mmo-association.org

The Marine Mammal Observer Association (MMOA)
http://www.mmo-association.org is a membership based association with the
aim of bringing together and representing individuals who work
commercially and professionally as Marine Mammal Observers (MMOs) and
Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) Operators who implement mitigation
measures to protect marine life during industry operations.