[MARMAM] Requesting Books and Reprints on Marine Mammals

Sclymene at aol.com Sclymene at aol.com
Tue May 17 15:20:52 PDT 2011

Dear MARMAMers,

¡VIVA Vaquita! is seeking donations or sales of books, reprints, and
scientific journals on marine mammals.   Our intent is to collect literature that
may not be in use anymore, and distribute it to colleagues who can most
effectively put it to use.   The money raised from this effort will be used
directly in research, conservation, and public awareness efforts directed at the
vaquita (Phocoena sinus), seen by most as the World’s most endangered
marine mammal species.

¡VIVA Vaquita! < http://www.vivavaquita.org > is a collaboration of
concerned researchers and educators from three 501(3)c nonprofit organizations:
Cetos Research Organization, Save The Whales, and the American Cetacean
Society. Our goals and mission are to generate awareness of the vaquita and to
promote a healthy Upper Gulf of California ecosystem.   Ultimately, we aim to
help save the vaquita from extinction, and to do so in a way that also
provides long-term benefits to the fisherman and other residents of Baja
California, Mexico.

We have so far raised over $2,300 for vaquita conservation from such sales.
  We see this as a win/win situation, where we get books and literature
into the hands of those who can use it best, and in the process help the vaquita
…

Donations are tax-deductible.   If you have any books or other literature
that you might be willing to donate or sell to us, please contact us so that
we may discuss arrangements.   We can pay for postage, and may even be able
to arrange to pick up the literature. Thank you in advance, and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Tom
Thomas A. Jefferson, Ph.D.