[MARMAM] Equipment for remote biopsies

Clarencio Baracho clarencio.baracho at baleiajubarte.org.br
Thu May 5 08:30:00 PDT 2011

I would like the opinion of colleagues who work with remote biopsies. Currently, we have worked with crossbow to collect samples of skin and blubber of humpback whales, but I would like the opinion of those who work with rifles and other equipment to collect samples of skin and blubber of cetaceans. Especially as regards the range of darts. Colleagues who have used the two methods (crossbow and rifles), what felt better and why?
All the best!

Clarêncio Baracho

Biólogo - Pesquisador
Instituto Baleia Jubarte
Tel.: 55-71-3676.1463
Av. do Farol, s/n° - Praia do Forte - Mata de São João- BA - Brasil