[MARMAM] Announcement: Establishment of the Australian Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammology

Kylie Owen kylie.owen at uqconnect.edu.au
Tue Jul 12 00:49:02 PDT 2011

Announcement: Establishment of the Australian Student Chapter of the Society
for Marine Mammology

We are pleased to announce the establishment of the 1st Australian student
chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy. A link to our website can be
found on the SMM website.

The objective of the chapter is to organise annual conferences where
students from all over Australia can come to meet and network. It will give
students an opportunity to present and discuss their research in a relaxed
environment. Students can also join our facebook group where they can share
ideas, start discussions and keep in touch.

This year the chapter will be run by students from the Cetacean Ecology and
Acoustics Laboratory at the University of Queensland (Kylie Owen and Ailbhe
Kavanagh) and Murdoch University Cetacean Research Unit (Kate Sprogis and
Krista Nicholson) with the support of Professional Sponsor Dr. Rebecca
Dunlop (University of Queensland).

We are currently in the process of organising the 1st annual meeting of the
SMM Australian student chapter to be held in Queensland in mid-2012. Please
check our website for details coming soon. We would be keen to get
expressions of interest from anyone who may wish to attend the conference.

If you have any questions please contact:

- Ailbhe Kavanagh (a.kavanagh1 at uq.edu.au)

- Kylie Owen (kylie.owen at uqconnect.edu.au)

- Kate Sprogis (k.sprogis at murdoch.edu.au)

- Krista Nicholson (K.Nicholson at murdoch.edu.au)