[MARMAM] translation into Portuguese

Vic Cockcroft - CDS cdsresearch at worldonline.co.za
Mon Jul 4 09:51:34 PDT 2011

Hello Marmammers

Firstly, I'd encourage you all to look at our new web site
www.dugongs.org
it details our efforts to conserve what we think is the last viable dugong population in the Western Indian Ocean.

We'd welcome your comments.

One of the focuses of this work is to provide alternate livelihoods for local fishers, to attempt to wean them from using gill-nets - the major cause of dugong mortality. As this is a major tourist area, one of our approaches is to develop community based tourism, both eco and cultural. But, many of the tourists visiting Mozambique are Portuguese, and we need questionnaires translated into Portuguese.

Are there any Portuguese (Brazilian) speaking marine mammalogists out there willing to help and translate for us???

Your suggestions would be welcome also.

We'd really appreciate your help.

Please contact me if you are.

Vic Cockcroft
info at dugongs.org

Centre for Dolphin Studies
Dugongs Western Indian Ocean
Dr. V.G. Cockcroft
P.O. Box 1856, Plettenberg Bay
South Africa. 6600.
Phone 27 (0)44 532 7954
Fax 27 (0) 865158319
Mobile/Cell: 27 (0)83 655 6902
www.dolphinstudies.org
www.dugongs.org
SKYPE: C.D.S.1
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom addressed. It may contain information that is confidential or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please don't disseminate, copy or distribute this message, or associated files. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete it from your computer.