[MARMAM] Bahamas Marine Mammal Studies Program

Stan Kuczaj s.kuczaj at usm.edu
Wed Feb 23 13:40:33 PST 2011

Join Dr. Denise Herzing and Dr. Stan Kuczaj as a student researcher on the Wild Dolphin Project this summer! As a participant you will earn course credit and experience the joys (and frustrations) of field work with wild spotted and bottlenose dolphins in the beautiful waters of the Bahama sandbanks. You will also learn techniques that are used to collect and analyze acoustic and behavioral data. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the complex lives of these intelligent social mammals and the world in which they live.
The course dates are June 21 – 30, 2011. We will board the R/V Stenella and depart the Port of Palm Beach (near West Palm Beach, Florida) on Tuesday June 21. We will spend the next ten days on board the R/V Stenella and return to Port on Thursday June 30.
Space in this class is limited to 5 students.  Applications and additional information are available from the Office of International Programs at the University of Southern Mississippi•  601.266.4344 or studyabroad at usm.edu<mailto:studyabroad at usm.edu>

The application deadline is 15 April 2011, but applications will be closed once the class limit of five students is reached.