[MARMAM] Stranding Dispatcher Position at The Marine Mammal Center
BrodieE at TMMC.org
Sat Feb 12 14:53:04 PST 2011
The Marine Mammal Center, an equal opportunity, non-profit employer, is seeking a Stranding Dispatcher to join our team. The Marine Mammal Center's mission is to expand knowledge about marine mammals-their health and that of their ocean environment-and to inspire their global conservation. Our core work is the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured marine mammals, supported by state-of-the-art animal care and research facilities, a corps of dedicated volunteers, and an engaged community.
Reporting to the Stranding Manager, the Stranding Dispatcher is a seasonal (April to October) temporary, full-time, non-exempt position with no benefits. This position works closely with the Veterinary Science team in a department under the direction of the Veterinary Science Operations Manager.
Specific duties are as follows:
* Answer distressed animal hotline.
* Rotate after hour's on-call, evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
* Coordinate assessment, rescue, transport and release of all species of marine mammals.
* Respond to public questions and any concerns about distressed animals, volunteer opportunities and general inquires.
* Enter basic data into animal database.
* Update website animal's on-site page daily.
* Assist with vehicle and equipment maintenance and maintaining all supplies pertaining to the Stranding office operations.
Core Competencies -- Knowledge and Skills:
* Demonstrate excellent communications skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents and be fluent in the English language.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with individuals, various sized groups, and the general public.
* Awareness of laboratory safety procedures.
* Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Minimum of 2 years of college level education.
* Maintain a valid California Driver's License, with a clean driving record, and provide valid proof of insurance.
* Recommended related experience working with people, communications, marine mammals or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Practical computer knowledge with programs such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated individual, able to work in office as well as field environments. Comfortable lifting 40+ pounds.
Please send a cover letter and resume attention Human Resources and Operations Manager to admin at tmmc.org<mailto:admin at tmmc.org>. Please put "Stranding Dispatcher" in the subject line. Deadline for applications is March 10th, 2011. Please no phone calls or faxed submissions.
The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road
Sausalito, Ca 94965
email: brodiee at tmmc.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM