[MARMAM] PhD vacancy combining physical oceanography and marine mammal biology

Ben Wilson Ben.Wilson at sams.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 07:27:17 PDT 2011

Dear Marmamers

PhD vacancy open  "Combining Biology, Oceanography and Marine Technology to Predict Where Marine Mammals Struck by Tidal-Stream Energy Devices May Come Ashore".

Supervisors: Dr Ben Wilson, Dr Andrew Dale, Dr Keith Jackson.

Where: Scottish Association for Marine Science, Oban, Scotland. www.smi.ac.uk

Further details @ http://www.uhi.ac.uk/home/vacancies/research-studentships/
(Application details listed at end of page)

Applicants with strong numerical skills particularly in physical oceanography / fluid dynamics are encouraged to apply. Stipend and fees paid for UK/EU students. Details on fees: http://www.uhi.ac.uk/home/fees-and-funding/fees/tuition-fees-for-research-degrees

Closing date for applications 19th August. Candidate to take up post this autumn (fall).

Best

Ben
Dr Ben Wilson   (Senior lecturer & Theme Leader: Renewables)

Cetaceans and Renewables Group (CetRens)
Scottish Association for Marine Science, Scottish Marine Institute,
Oban, Argyll, PA37 1QA, SCOTLAND

Ph: +44 (0) 1631 559346     www.sams.ac.uk

"The Stone Age didn't come to an end because we ran out of stones, we simply moved to better things". Alan Salzman on the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy
supplies.