[MARMAM] Call for submissions for Marine Mammal Conference Video Night - Deadline Sept. 15

SMM Video Night smmconferencevideo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:03:45 PDT 2011

Greetings Marine Mammal Colleagues-

Following with tradition, the 19th Biennial Conference on the Biology of
Marine Mammals will be hosting a video night for you to share some of the
experiences you have had or discoveries you have made in your research with
marine mammals.

If you would like to submit a video for consideration please send an email
to the SMMconferencevideo at gmail.com with the following information:

   1. Subject line of email should be Your Last Name – Subject Species
   2. Your name
   3. Your Affiliation and contact info
   4. A brief description of what the video will contain
   5. Approximate duration
   6. File Format and Size
   7. Are you willing to have your video be viewable, but not downloadable,
   on the Society’s webpage before and after the conference?

   - We would like to allow as many videos as possible so please try to keep
   your video as brief as possible.  We will not accept videos longer than 5
   minutes without prior approval.

   - This is a venue to share videos covering a variety of species and
   topics: natural history, research discoveries, extraordinary interactions,
   etc.  We do not want videos that are political/polarizing/controversial
   in nature.

Once we receive your email we will let you know how to submit your footage.
Video submissions will close on September 15, 2011.

If you are participating in the Heroes in Marine Mammal Science video
project, we will be working with you separately.

Looking forward to seeing all the great footage.

Cheers,

The Conference Video Team