[MARMAM] Volunteer needed for the Shark Bay Dolphin Project 2011

Vivienne Foroughirad vjf5 at georgetown.edu
Mon Aug 8 11:05:13 PDT 2011

We are seeking a field assistant for The Shark Bay Dolphin Project in Shark
Bay, Western Australia for the 2011 field season. You can find out more
about the project at our website, http://www.monkeymiadolphins.org/.

The upcoming season will begin September 1, 2011 and will last through
December 20, 2011. We are only interested in an assistant that can stay for
the entire season. The volunteer is responsible for their own transportation
to Perth, WA, but we can provide transportation from Perth to the field site
if arrival times are coordinated. Food and lodging at the field site will
also be provided.

The volunteer's duties will include helping collect survey and focal data
from a 5.5m vessel, and data entry during inclement weather. The volunteer
should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and able to bring your own laptop to
the field. We prefer assistants who have prior field experience, especially
from small boats.

The volunteer must also be easy-going and sociable as they will be expected
to work and live as part of a team of 4-5 people with shared cooking and
cleaning duties. As meals are communal, fussy eaters are discouraged from
applying (vegetarians are fine).

Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV, and email contacts for two
references to infommdolphin at gmail.com.

--
Vivienne Foroughirad
Research Associate