[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Rescue Technician Position
Lindsaye.Akhurst at vanaqua.org
Tue Apr 19 14:36:43 PDT 2011
Marine Mammal Rescue Technician Position - Vancouver Aquarium
Job Posting - April 17-May 2, 2011
Seasonal/Casual contract position (June-October)
* Provides veterinary care and feeding of marine mammals, medications and laboratory procedures; blood collection, physical exams, administration of medications, fluid administration, wound care)
* Assists veterinarian with procedures, taking radiographs, general animal observations.
* Participates in research project work.
* Ensures day to day rounds are completed and communicated with team; patient observations, follow up, noting any variations and escalating issues.
* Maintains administrative records; data entry, reports, phone records etc.
* Supervises and trains volunteers, interns and veterinary externs.
* Maintains and cleaning of facility.
* Provides educational information to general public as needed.
* Provides off-site assessment of marine mammals in distress to determine follow up actions.
* Releases rehabilitated animals.
* Performs additional duties as required.
* Continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations.
* Maintains organizational safety standards.
Education and Experience
* Diploma in Animal Health Technology or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years work experience with animals in a care facility hands on; or equivalent volunteer experience.
* Marine Mammal experience preferred.
* Valid Driver’s License required
* Able to lift 20kg animals
* Intermediate MS Office Skills; Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
* Ability to learn new software quickly.
* Excellent detailed record keeping skills.
* Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Excellent problem solving skills; ability to think quickly under pressure and high stress.
* Enthusiastic team player; well developed interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership and management skills and abilities.
* Active demonstration of the company’s values and code of conduct
* Excellent project management and time management skills, with the ability to keep on task with strategic items while managing day-to-day responsibilities
* Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission
Go to www.vanaqua.org/workthatmatters<http://www.vanaqua.org/workthatmatters> for more information on applying.
The Vancouver Aquarium is a global leader in connecting people to our natural world, and a self-supporting, non-profit association dedicated to effecting the conservation of aquatic life through display and interpretation, conservation, education, research, and direct action.
Learn more at <http://www.vanaqua.org> www.vanaqua.org<http://www.vanaqua.org/mmr>/mmr
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING - THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE, IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE MAY CORRECT OUR INTERNAL RECORDS. PLEASE THEN DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. THANK YOU
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM