[MARMAM] 5th International DCL Workshop Abstract Deadline

sara.heimlich Sara.Heimlich at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 13 15:32:16 PDT 2011

Abstract submission deadline is April 18, for the 5th International
Workshop on Detection, Classification, Localization, and Density
Estimation of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics, 22-25 August 2011
at Timberline Lodge, Mount Hood, near Portland, Oregon, USA.

Immediately preceding the workshop, on Aug. 21, will be two tutorials
presented in parallel: Introduction to Detection, Classification, and
Localization (DCL) and Introduction to Density Estimation (DE).   The
last day (Aug. 25) will be a session on acoustic line- and
point-transect density estimation (Distance Sampling), organized by Jay
Barlow.

For more details, see
http://www.bioacoustics.us/dcl.html

We encourage you to submit relevant abstracts for poster and oral
presentation.  See on-line  instructions for submitting abstracts.

We also encourage you to register soon and take advantage of early
registration rates, which end on  June 22, 2011.

--
Sara Heimlich
CIMRS/OSU