[MARMAM] humpback whale in Alicante

Patricia.Gozalbes at uv.es Patricia.Gozalbes at uv.es
Wed Sep 22 03:12:23 PDT 2010

Dear all,

We would like to inform about another sighting of a humpback whale
(Megaptera novaengliae) in the Mediterranean Sea. After the message
sent by Davide Bedocchi to MARMAM the 28th of august of a sighting in
Tuscany, we have a new record of 1-2 humpack whales seen 1 nm from Cabo
San Antonio (Denia, Alicante).

The sighting was made by the personnel of the Natural Reserve Cap de
Sant Antoni.

If you wish more information, please contact:

Parc Natural del Montgó
Generalitat Valenciana
Conselleria de Medi Ambient, Aigua, Urbanisme i Habitatge
Camí de Sant Joan s/n. Finca del Bosc de Diana.
Aptdo. 492. C.P.:03700. Dénia. Alicante.
Telf.: 966423205
Fax: 966432511
e-mail: parque_montgo at gva.es
web: http://parquesnaturales.gva.es